EXPERTISE TO GUIDE BUSINESSES WITH LEGAL COMPLIANCE
With many years’ experience advising in-house information governance teams, our enthusiastic expert lawyers create strong working relationships to provide a seamless service for your business.
DO YOU NEED ADVICE?
When your business uses any personal data relating to individuals you are bound by data protection legislation. Whether you process employee data or customer data, it is imperative that your work force understands its responsibilities so that your business complies with the law.
Here at Taylor Rose MW, we offer practical guidance to help your business plan its strategy for compliance with the UK/GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We do this whilst giving pragmatic advice to guide you along the way. Be assured that we will always take time to understand your business so that we can tailor an approach suitable for you. Our aim is to ensure that you are always receiving the absolute best advice and client care.
Our specialist team has experience in both the private and public sectors helping to shape the compliance journey of many businesses. We can assist with:
- Identifying what personal data is being used.
- Documenting and recording processing activities in accordance with the law.
- Processing personal data lawfully and in accordance with the data protection principles.
- Creating and reviewing Data Protection Impact Assessments in order to assess risk.
- Recognising when transparency obligations arise so that appropriate Privacy Notices can be drafted.
- Identifying and responding to data subject requests in accordance with the law.
- Drafting compliant policies and procedures to create an appropriate internal information governance framework.
- Communicating and co-operating with the Information Commissioner in response to third party complaints or enquiries.
- Investigating and reporting (where necessary) incidents affecting personal data, including personal data breaches.
- Understanding how to lawfully transfer personal data overseas.
- Reviewing and analysing contracts to ensure that personal data protection clauses are in line with the law and reflect the data protection relationship being created.
- Delivering tailored data protection training and updates to staff members.
- Guiding and assisting in-house Data Protection Officers with complex questions of law and practice.
- Responding to claims brought by data subjects in response to alleged infringements of data protection law.
Every UK public authority (such as a local authority, a school or an academy) can be subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and/or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. If either of these regimes apply to your business, then you will have additional obligations to publish certain information proactively. You will also be required to respond appropriately to information requestors.
At Taylor Rose MW, we have significant in-house experience that can help you or your information governance team navigate a clear path through these complex areas. In particular, we can help you to:
- Ensure that your business responds to requests in conformity with the law.
- Understand the appropriate time scales for complying with responses and appeals.
- Understand the relevant exemptions for providing information and apply the public interest test.
- Co-operate and communicate with requestors seeking appeals for information disclosure and complaints made by requestors to the Information Commissioner.
- Create and maintain an appropriate publication scheme for your organisation.
If you are a business that shares information with a public authority, maybe as part of a tender or procurement process, we can advise you about the implications of doing so. We can also advise on the extent to which you may be able to protect your commercial information from disclosure.
To discuss an issue affecting your business or to explore how we can help you with your compliance journey, please contact us for confidential expert advice from a member of our team.
Infringements of the law can be damaging, not just because they cause harm to individuals but because penalties can be costly. Your business reputation could be at risk. Let us help you avoid the pitfalls of the law by starting your compliance journey with us today.
DO YOU NEED ADVICE?
YOUR DATA PROTECTION & INFORMATION LAW | COMMERCIAL ADVICE | TAYLOR ROSE MW EXPERTS
No profiles could be found.
MEET THE REST OF THE TEAM
TAKE A LOOK AT