The Trainee Case Handler role is an entry level role into our business. It is a great starting point if you are looking for a career in Law. No previous legal experience is needed, as full training will be provided.
A Trainee Case Handler works within our re-mortgage department on re-mortgage case files, taking an applicant through the legal process to re-mortgage their property and releasing the funds on completion.
This role allows you to develop skills and abilities to progress into a Case Handler, this would lead to managing a full case load independently of re-mortgage files. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, have exceptional customer service skills and must enjoy working in a fast paced and target driven environment.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Processing post on a daily basis which will include checking documents, mortgage deed, ID, insurance and questionnaires.
- Answering inbound phone calls promptly and updating on the status of the case. Be proactive in advising the next steps and what is required to progress the case.
- To respond to client enquiries in a manner conducive to the promotion of business and personal relationships and to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conducted.
- To process all data and information in accordance with the firm’s confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements.
- Making outbound calls, liaising with lenders, mortgage brokers & third parties (where applicable).
- Ensuring the online portal is kept up to date, replying to online portal messages
- Obtaining official copies and documents from the Land Registry.
- Title checking whether property is freehold or leasehold/name and address match, restrictions and other non-standard issues.
- Requesting and frequently chasing redemption statements from current mortgage lenders. Checking redemption statements for penalties and identifying if any shortfall.
- Checking the mortgage offer for special conditions and making the appropriate enquiries, searches, referrals to Lenders.
- Chasing outstanding documents from borrowers/brokers by phone, online portal and letter (where applicable).
- Liaising with the borrower to agree a completion date prior to requesting funds from the lender. Calculate the final figures in readiness for completion.
- Taking shortfall payments whilst adhering to money laundering regulations and the Firm’s policies.
- Submitting the request for funds (COT) to the lender ensuring this is carried out in accordance with the lender’s process and timeframe.
- After completion, chasing discharge documents from mortgage lenders, liaising with the Land Registry, dealing with applications, requisitions, overpayment cheques within our post completion procedures.
- Notices to management companies/landlords - serving and issuing cheques.
- To co-operate with the Team Manager & Operational Managers and carry out work as directed by them. To ensure that any matter that requires the attention of a Manager is brought to their attention promptly.
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Work to targets
- Upselling of additional products
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible and adapts well to change
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT