Our trainee case handers conduct legal matters on behalf of re-mortgage clients and to support the re-mortgage team by carrying out tasks that are delegated. They will develop skills and abilities to progress into a Case Handler role, managing a full case load independently of re-mortgage case files.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- To organise and prioritise individual caseloads in order to meet the firms and industry targets.
- To respond to client enquiries in a manner conducive to the promotion of business and personal relationships and to ensure that client expectations are met.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conduct. .
- To co-operate with the Team Manager & Operational Managers and carry out work as directed by them. To ensure that any matter that requires the attention of a Manager is brought to their attention promptly.
- To process all data and information in accordance with the firm’s confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements.
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system.
- Answering inbound phone calls promptly and updating on the status of the case. Be proactive in advising the next steps and what is required to progress the case.
- Making outbound calls, liaising with lenders, mortgage brokers & third parties (where applicable).
- Ensuring the online portal is kept up to date, replying to online portal messages
- Obtaining official copies and documents from the Land Registry.
- Title checking whether property is freehold or leasehold/name and address match, restrictions and other non-standard issues.
- Requesting and frequently chasing redemption statements from current mortgage lenders. Checking redemption statements for penalties and identifying if any shortfall.
- Processing post on a daily basis which will include checking documents, mortgage deed, ID, insurance and questionnaires.
- Checking the mortgage offer for special conditions and making the appropriate enquiries, searches, referrals to lender
- Chasing outstanding documents from borrowers/brokers by phone, online portal and letter (where applicable).
- Liaising with the borrower to agree a completion date prior to requesting funds from the lender. Calculate the final figures in readiness for completion.
- Taking shortfall payments whilst adhering to money laundering regulations and the Firm’s policies.
- Submitting the request for funds (COT) to the lender ensuring this is carried out in accordance with the lender’s process and timeframe
- After completion, chasing discharge documents from mortgage lenders, liaising with the Land Registry, dealing with applications, requisitions, overpayment cheques within our post completion procedures.
- Notices to management companies/landlords - serving and issuing cheques.
Succesful candiates need to have the following:-
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Work to targets.
- Upselling of additional products
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
TAKE A LOOK AT