The Trainee Case Handler role is an entry level role into our business. It is a great starting point if you are looking for a career in Law. No previous legal experience is needed, as full training will be provided.
A Trainee Case Handler will work on remortgage case files, taking an applicant through the legal process to remortgage and releasing the funds on completion. This role allows you to develop skills and abilities to progress into a Case Handler, this would lead to managing a full case load independently of re-mortgage files.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Processing post on a daily basis which will include checking documents, mortgage deed, ID, insurance and questionnaires.
- Answering inbound phone calls promptly and updating on the status of the case. Be proactive in advising the next steps and what is required to progress the case.
- To respond to client enquiries in a manner conducive to the promotion of business and personal relationships and to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conducted.
- To process all data and information in accordance with the firm’s confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements.
- Making outbound calls, liaising with lenders, mortgage brokers & third parties (where applicable).
- Ensuring the online portal is kept up to date, replying to online portal messages
- Obtaining official copies and documents from the Land Registry.
- Title checking whether property is freehold or leasehold/name and address match, restrictions and other non-standard issues.
- Requesting and frequently chasing redemption statements from current mortgage lenders. Checking redemption statements for penalties and identifying if any shortfall.
- Checking the mortgage offer for special conditions and making the appropriate enquiries, searches, referrals to Lenders.
- Chasing outstanding documents from borrowers/brokers by phone, online portal and letter (where applicable).
- Liaising with the borrower to agree a completion date prior to requesting funds from the lender. Calculate the final figures in readiness for completion.
- Taking shortfall payments whilst adhering to money laundering regulations and the Firm’s policies.
- Submitting the request for funds (COT) to the lender ensuring this is carried out in accordance with the lender’s process and timeframe.
- After completion, chasing discharge documents from mortgage lenders, liaising with the Land Registry, dealing with applications, requisitions, overpayment cheques within our post completion procedures.
- Notices to management companies/landlords - serving and issuing cheques.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate/Good IT skills
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoy working towards targets
- Able to prioritise
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexibility is essential due to the nature of the work from the customer
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT