The Managing Conveyancer role will be responsible for the effective management and supervision of the Peterbroough conveyancing operation, ensuring your teams work within and are continually updated in regulatory requirements. You will work alongside the Regional Lead and be responsible for the development and implementation of all business objectives. You will also ensure that the department achieves and exceeds all its KPI’s whilst working within your budgets always looking at ways to improve your operation to ensure future profitability.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Providing detailed accurate management information regarding KPI’s of the department for monthly management meetings.
- Being the first point of contact and technical supervision for the Peterborough residential property team.
- Maintaining relationships with Estate Agents, Developers and Site Managers.
- Overseeing and ensuring consistent site/agent visits from Team Leaders and key staff, dealing with any negative feedback to ensure the continued success of these relationships.
- Continually look at business development and ways to ensure greater profitability for the department.
- Ensuring all individual conveyancing teams work to company policies and procedures in respect of conveyancing transactions and ensure understanding of all regulatory requirements.
- Competently dealing with all elements of conveyancing transactions
- Promoting good work ethic/ethos and encouraging the team, adopting company protocols and processes, discouraging negative behaviour.
- Ensuring team members receive training where required, as well as ensuring team’s competence is adequate to deal with file handling, notify Team Leaders (if any) of any training required and ensure it is followed up, this also includes ensuring any necessary accreditation training is completed within the time limits by all team members.
- Inputting data into required systems to enable Regional Lead to collect information to troubleshoot, make improvements and track department, office and company performance.
- Ensuring familiarity and competence with using internal and external systems, following internal SLAs and complying with these, all systems, compliance and processes are adhered to, keeping updated with internal communication and policy and procedural updates.
- Awareness of instruction and billing targets and capacity to manage
- Communicate with the Regional Lead and Directors where required on files/workloads.
- Receiving audit and compliance feedback, ensure corrective actions are taken within specific timeframe and make improvements where required.
- Provide adequate holiday notes are available when going on annual leave and arranging an in-person hand over to appropriate colleague covering work, also ensuring team members adopt this.
- Ensure all completion procedures are complete and files are handed to PCT in required timeframe, this includes file being in adequate condition and all relevant checklists accurately completed.
- Keeping updated with property issues and law and industry changes.
- Assisting with performance management procedures where required.
- Monitoring teams’ outstanding tasks and keeping on top of these – investigating issues and reporting into the Head of Department.
- Carry out regular team meetings to ensure team issues are dealt with, feedback and updates are provided (this includes recording meeting discussions and delivering to Regional Lead) and provide information to assist with appraisal meetings to be held jointly with the Head of Department.
- Legal qualification – Solicitor/CILEX/Licenced Conveyancer and/or
- Minimum 7 years residential conveyancing experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Maintain good relationships with work providers
- Ability to build a team, maintain morale, supervise and mentor
- Must be organised, hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic
TAKE A LOOK AT