This role is ideal for Law Graduates, as well as anyone interested in a legal career, who would like to gain knowledge and practical experience in an established Top 75 legal firm. This role offers high progression potential, as well as full training on the job. The role will involve assisting the Re-Mortgage Team Manager with administrative duties and support in conducting legal matters on behalf of clients. To develop skills and abilities to progress and to develop into the full requirements of a Case Handler role.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times
- Following file opening procedures
- Logging on incoming post details
- Filing/scanning and photocopying
- Liaising with lenders and mortgage brokers
- Drafting and proof-reading of Deed of Postponements
- Drafting and proof-reading of Transfer of Equity’s/Assents
- Drafting and submitting SDLT’s to Inland Revenue.
- Supporting Case Handlers in dealing with unregistered properties
- Supporting Case Handlers with Shared Ownership properties
- Supporting Case Handlers in dealing with Islamic Mortgages
- Supporting Case Handlers in dealing with Indemnity Policies.
- To respond to client enquiries in a manner conducive to the promotion of business and personal relationships and to ensure that client expectations are met
- To process all data and information in accordance with the firm’s confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements
- To organise and prioritise individual caseloads in order to meet the firms and industry targets.
- Answering phone calls promptly and taking messages
- Obtaining official copies and documents from the Land Registry/LMS as appropriate
- Title checking whether property is freehold or leasehold/name and address match, restrictions and other non-standard issues
- Requesting and frequently chasing redemption from mortgage lenders
- Chasing outstanding documents from borrows/brokers by phone and letter (where applicable)
- Checking redemption statements for penalties, shortfalls and sending copies to borrowers
- Taking shortfall payments adhering to money laundering regulations and the Firm’s policies.
- Chasing discharge documents from mortgage lenders, sending discharge documents to the Land Registry, dealing with overpayment cheques within our post completion procedures.
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system as required.
- Processing all data and information in accordance with the firm's confidentially procedures and data protection requirements.
- Chasing various documents by phone to enable a file to be booked in for completion.
- Within our booking in process, updating the system, confirming completion date with borrower, dealing with and obtaining shortfalls by phone.
- Performing daily Completions.
- Submitting applications to Land Registry and dealing with any requisitions raised
- Notices to management companies/landlords - serving and issuing cheques.
- Strong IT Skills
- Good communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
TAKE A LOOK AT