Job Description: Facilities and H&S Co-ordinator
Reporting To: Head of Facilities and Procurement
Behavioural Competency: Level 2 Technical Competency: Level 2
Location: Peterborough (although travel may be required across other national offices)
The Facilities and H&S Co-ordinator will work closely with the Head of Facilities and Procurement and the Health and Safety Officer. The role is key to the smooth running and organisation of the Taylor Rose MW property portfolio. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to ensure all offices reach the high standards required, including recording H&S information and keeping all records up to date. Knowledge of H&S requirements is key and the ideal candidate will have experience and an interest in H&S.
The Facilities Assistant may be required to travel to all offices on occasion and assist the department in reaching its objectives.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Assisting to create a pleasant, safe and compliant working environment for all staff/consultants and visitors.
- Organise inventories of stock, arrange movement of furniture, confidential waste, files and archiving to ensure delivery to correct locations
- Responsible for managing our stationary supplier relationship and approving orders made by colleagues
- Assist with maintaining accurate fire safety controls and evacuation procedures.
- Assist with all office-based tasks on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all necessary records
- Ability to complete risk assessments, on site and in the office
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in line with current risk assessments/regulations.
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- Reporting any breaches or areas of concern to the Head of Facilities & Procurement
- Ability to undertake building inspections.
- Reporting maintenance issues to the Department Head and assisting with possible solutions.
- Ability to travel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently
- Ability to use own initiative and be a team player
- Hands on approach
- Positive attitude
- Commitment and understanding of the values of the firm
TAKE A LOOK AT