This role involves but is not limited to:
- Co ordinating Legal aid costing.
- Costing and submission of Legal Helps.
- Submit outcomes on CCMS for discharging certificate.
- Upload final order to complete discharge of public funding certificate.
- Allocate costs for counsel on CCMS so counsel can submit their bill.
- Address general notifications and actions on CCMS
- Request orders from the courts or other parties in involved.
- Search Mattersphere for Court Orders, Attendance Notes, Certificates or any other documentation required by the external costs for drafting bills.
- Liaise with Chambers, Experts, other Professionals for update on matters or the request for amended fee notes/invoices.
- Chase Fee Earners for their approval on matters in the billing process to progress matters and get the final bills paid.
- Download BACS statements to calculate BACS total and workout the Analysis.
- Send BACS Statements to all offices and others.
- Separate the POA report into individual Fee Earner Reports to send.
- Identifying files that are within the time period for claiming a payment on account. Then Submit POA’s on CCMS and old style certificates.
- Request Recoupments on CCMS and the LAA for old style certificates.
- Request reinstating certificates for matters that need additional work i.e. counsel was not paid but matter was finalised.
- Go through the trackers and identify matters that are stuck in the billing process and find a solution.
- General Ad Hoc for FE and External Costs – intervene and assist if required.
- Upload documents and assessed letters onto the portal if this has not been done.
- Check accounts and ledgers for evidence of payments for the bills and send the externals where appropriate.
- General administration of documents – filing, scanning and archiving.
- Urge ALL to use the portal when communicating with FE and External Costs to ensure the fluidity and efficiency of the portal (we are all then updated in real time).
- Change the status on the matters in the portal to reflect the stage when it is out of sync.
- Send files for costing on behalf of fee earners if they are inundated with caseload.
- Send signed documents/other documentation from the FE to the external costs
- Locate and send files out for costing through the portal, ensuring all relevant costing documents are available so the externals can cost the matters.
- Experience of CCMS and CMRF.
- Have a good understanding of the accounting system, the banking system and case management systems.
- Full knowledge, experience and understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across all departments.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Professional approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel to other offices.
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT