This role involves but is not limited to:
- To manage and be responsible for all day-to-day legal cashiering duties, ensuring deadlines are met
- Releasing client payments within 45-minute time limit (rejection portal, setting up international payments)
- Releasing office payments when requested by the Account Payable Manager
- Setting up and approving client payees requests from Fee Earners
- Upload client monies every morning and every half hour throughout the day on to the client portal – providing further information when required)
- NHS LA monies
- Set up Doorway & VFS payments transfer set up and process in 3E
- Process client to clients account payments (both FE requested & manually)
- Monitor client account queries inbox and respond within 24 hours
- Complete billing, client-to-office and office-to-client transfers on a timely basis and in accordance with industry rules
- Manage Court of Protection Accounts (transfers, adjustments to reflect these, providing statements on requests)
- Process client account cheque requests
- To ensure that all client withdrawals are in accordance with the SRA rules and client account is never overdrawn
- To show complete awareness and understanding of money laundering, being vigilant at all times, in particular when verifying incoming and outgoing monies
- To show complete awareness and understanding of cybercrime, being vigilant at all times
- To be courteous at all times when dealing directly with clients.
- Previous experience within the legal sector as a Legal Cashier
- Must be hard working, organised, self- motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns from mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT