The Audior supports the Audit Manager, working together as part of a small auditing team to provide a complete auditing resource to Taylor Rose TTKW.
Once trained, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting reviews of files and supporting departmental processes in order to assess the performance of all fee earners in every legal department, in accordance with our auditing procedure. The team will work together to complete a timetabled audit program that currently covers the work output of approximately 175 fee earners and several operational support departments across 8 offices nationwide.
This important role provides a significant insight into the quality of our services and risk management. We are looking for an organised, methodical individual who is able to manage a diverse workload in line with a pre-set timetable. The role requires travel to other offices for periods of up to a few days at a time, for which travel and any overnight accommodation costs are covered.
Audit experience is desirable, but not essential. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing electronic and hard-copy files and recording the findings;
- Assessing compliance with company policies and procedures together with regulatory requirements and client specific SLAs (Service Level Agreements);
- Identifying and verifying corrective actions together with identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Preparing reports detailing audit findings and providing feedback to fee earners on their audit results;
- Working with the audit team to set the audit timetable for the next audit cycle;
- On occasion, assisting the Audit Manager and/or GRC Manager in preparing for regulatory and quality audits such as those required by Lexcel, ISO and the SRA.
Key Skills and Abilities Required for this Role:
- Strong organisational skills;
- Very good accuracy and attention to detail;
- Clear and concise communicator, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Good IT skills, with a high degree of competency in using Microsoft packages (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Quick learner;
- Confidence to address instances of risk or non-conformity with company policies and procedures;
- Trustworthiness to be able to handle confidential data.
TAKE A LOOK AT