Taylor Rose TTKW are looking to recruit a Conveyancing Legal Assistant to join our busy Herford office. To provide support to the Fee Earners, Solicitors, Directors and other conveyancing team members, processing property transactions. Dealing with exchanging contracts, completions and post completion work. Assisting the conveyancing processes to operate at optimum efficiency; this will include, but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The role requires a high degree of self-management and initiative
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with Fee Earners and other team members responsible for conveyancing matters, including client contact, contact with Estate Agents, Banks, Building Societies and others involved in the conveyancing transaction.
- Process exchange of contracts within deadlines required. Having an understanding of the exchange formula rules, having an understanding to deal with release of contracts when a transaction is linked with another. Dealing with deposit system. Specific tasks will be defined and identified by task lists and during training.
- Process completions and post-completions work accurately and within required deadlines. Specific tasks will be as defined and identified by task lists and during training.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all telephone calls in a diplomatic, efficient and polite manner.
- To deal with clients in a manner conducive to the maintenance of business and personal relationships and ensure that their needs are catered for.
- To process data on the Partner 4 Windows Case Management system as required, using the system in the optimum way to keep processes stream-lined and up to date.
- To prepare and process correspondence and documents through word processing, excel and email.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conduct. To ensure that any matter that requires the attention of a Partner, Solicitor or Fee Earner is brought to their attention promptly.
- To maintain a business diary detailing all critical dates. To ensure that the diary is consistent with any central diary system the Firm may maintain and is kept up to date on a daily basis.
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained so that files of which you have conduct are readily retrievable.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for despatch. Dealing with your own incoming and outgoing post.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To become progressively aware of all aspects of the business and the firm’s products in order to act constructively when dealing with legal work.
- To have conduct of such matters as are allocated to you within your own skills and experience.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To co-operate with your supervisor/manager and Partners/fee earners and carry out work as directed by them. To be in attendance as required, catering for the needs of clients and the practice as a whole.
- Chasing and collecting debts
Dealing with client queries by phone and face to face
- Providing reassurance and explanation of process from exchange to completion
- Advising requirements of balance and documents
- Talking through financial statements
- Sending Transfer Deeds for signature and obtaining Land Registry search for certification as necessary by client.
- Responding to client queries efficiently and in a calm manner, particularly in the event of problems to prevent further distress and to defuse the situation
Dealing with Mortgage Companies
- Issuing COT forms (release of funds) to Mortgage companies.
- Chasing mortgage companies for release of funds prior to completion (preferably the day before)
- Providing additional information such as buildings insurance, proof of ID and client address details etc.
- Requesting redemption figures as close to completion as possible. Noting any daily rate of interest and early redemption penalty (ERP) which may alter completion statement calculations.
Dealing with Solicitors
- Liaising with Solicitors throughout to obtain completion information such as completion statements, replies to requisitions, completion document and, if applicable, location of keys if private sale.
Dealing with Estate Agents
- Liaising with agents throughout, giving progress reports throughout
- Having an understanding if there is long chain.
- Dealing with key release/key access undertakings and other access between exchange and completion.
Dealing with Management Companies/Freeholders/Landlords
- Liaising with Management Companies, Freeholders, Landlords throughout to obtain completion information such as account updates, buildings insurance, Deed of Covenants, Membership Form and other management papers to complete the transaction efficiently.
- File, record and respond to daily post as necessary.
- Gearing up ‘on notice’ files by sending mortgage deed to client, COT to mortgage company to request funds and carrying out usual Land Registry searches on portal website, diarising expiration dates of searches and renewing the same as necessary.
- Preparing files for completion including letters, TTs, demanding/receiving payments on account, dealing with apportionment of service charge/ground rent/insurance if leasehold. Discharging Charges and forwarding deeds as necessary. Preparing Transfer Deeds, Stock Transfer Form, Deed of Covenants, Notice of Assignment forms etc.
- Using OYEZ to complete various standard forms.
- Prepare completion statement to client and assist with enquiries thereto as necessary.
- Chasing for completion monies in all aspects.
TAKE A LOOK AT