An opportunity has arisen for an Finance Assistant to join the finance department based in the Peterborough office.
The role will assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and the wider finance team to accurately record and prepare financial and management information to support the organisation towards achieving its financial aims.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Support the FPAM in managing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Assisting budget holders in interpreting financial information and answering ad hoc queries
- Support the FPAM in the implementation of a purchase order system ensuring budget holders use the system appropriately
- Purchase ledger – maintenance of the system including keeping supplier records up to date, accurately input general office purchase invoices, matching with POs and preparing aged creditor listings
- Analysis and posting of employee and payroll data
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Play an active role in fostering a culture of continual improvement to the systems, processes and procedures in Finance.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the FPAM and FM.
- Preferably studying or having completed AAT with at least 3 years’ experience of working in a finance office covering a variety of tasks.
- Good analytical skills, able to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Good excel skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with non-financial managers and staff.
TAKE A LOOK AT