We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy IT team as a Helpdesk Support Assistant. Helpdesk experience/relevant qualifications will help the applicant but are not mandatory.
The successful applicant will act as the first line of service to end users within the business, responding to tickets logged on our helpdesk system. Primarily working in our Peterborough office with approximately 160 staff, the role will also include infrequent duties in our other UK based offices, which are all serviced remotely from Peterborough.
The ideal candidate will have a sound educational background, a genuine interest in IT and willingness to learn and be able to fit in and work alongside the existing team members.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responding to and prioritising support tickets logged through the helpdesk
- Installing, configuring and maintaining computers, printers, photocopiers and telephones
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing hardware or software faults
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure and supporting its administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007-2013 and Windows 7 in a Server 2012 domain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware and software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions
A driving license would be an advantage but not essential.
TAKE A LOOK AT