Losing a loved one is always a distressing and emotional time, but even more so if you are unsure of the probate process and the steps required in the administration of an estate.
The process of probate can be both time consuming and complex, which is why we are here to support and guide you through the tasks ahead with a professional, sensitive and compassionate service.
If this is your first experience with probate or you have been named as an executor in the deceased’s Will, then you may particularly require assistance and help managing this responsibility. Our aim is to take the burden from your shoulders so you can focus on supporting your loved ones.
We can take care of everything for you, with our expert private client team providing a sensitive and professional service, leaving you to focus on supporting your family through the bereavement.
In summary, the Probate process involves:
- Confirming whether the deceased left a valid Will
- Information gathering and notification
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Grant of Representation
- Dealing HMRC
- Releasing and distributing the assets from the estate to the beneficiaries
In addition, our Probate team can help by:
- Contacting and notifying the relevant persons, asset and liability holders
- Paying tax and answering any queries from HMRC
- Assent of property (transferring the property to another including into a trust)
- Sales or transfers of assets
- Sale of property, assets and shares
- Advising beneficiaries on investing and protecting their inheritance
- Advice on contesting a Will
We are happy to meet and discuss the process in more detail with you whether you instruct us or not, so please click here to contact our Probate Team.
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE TASKS AHEAD WITH A PROFESSIONAL, SENSITIVE AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE.
DO YOU NEED ADVICE?
YOUR PROBATE LAW | PERSONAL ADVICE EXPERTS
TAKE A LOOK AT