Data Protection Solicitors
When your business creates, obtains or uses any personal data relating to individuals you are bound by data protection legislation. Whether you process employee data or customer data, it is imperative that your workforce understands its responsibilities so that your business complies with the law. Infringements of the law can be damaging, not just because they cause harm to individuals but because penalties can be costly. Your business reputation could be at risk.
We offer practical and cost effective guidance to help your business with compliance and risk reduction with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We do this whilst giving pragmatic advice to guide you along the way.
Data Protection Legal Advice and Services
Our specialist team has experience in both the private and public sectors helping to shape the compliance journey of many businesses. We can assist with:
- Identifying what personal data is being used in your business
- Legal advice on compliance with GDPR and data protection laws
- Advice on legal and practical ways to avoid data theft or unlawful use by employees and/or others.
- Dealing with data breaches..
- Documenting and recording processing activities in accordance with the law.
- Subject access requests.
- Drafting compliant GDPR and data protection policies and procedures
- Trade Secrets
- Employment contracts to ensure employee compliance and which protect you as employer..
- Database rights legal advice
- Reviewing and analysing contracts with suppliers or customers.
- Legal advice on claims brought by data subjects in response to alleged infringements of data protection law.
To discuss an issue affecting your business or to explore how we can help you with your compliance journey, please contact us for confidential expert advice from a member of our team.