We have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of employment discrimination.
Employment lawyers for discrimination claims
Our team of employment law solicitors provide specialist advice and experience for employees suffering workplace discrimination.
Discrimination at work can range different treatment to discriminatory comments or sexual harassment through to to more subtle but equally damaging discrimination such as being overlooked for promotion or unfair selection for redundancy or even recruitment related discrimination..
Discrimination can be hard to prove and employees often worry that raising concerns with their employer may result in dismissal or further workplace tensions. Initial steps where we can help may include a subject access request, freedom of information request and possibly a grievance. If you have been subject to direct or indirect discrimination or have a linked claim possibly for unfair dismissal, we can help you.
Types of workplace discrimination
The Equality Act 2010 is the primary legislation which protects workers from discrimination in the workplace. It covers a full range of protected characteristics such as:
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination - including failure to make reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
- Race Discrimination - whether in recruitment, promotion or other forms.
- Religious Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Reassignment Discrimination
- Marriage and Civil Partnership Discrimination
- Pregnancy and Maternity discrimination - where your employer makes it difficult for you to return to work, or you are treated less favourably having returned to work part-time after maternity leave.
Tribunal claims can be brought against the employer and the individuals who have treated the victim in a less favourable manner. This may include name-calling, exclusion (“cold-shouldering”), discrimination in pay, workplace terms and conditions, opportunities or promotions or sexual harassment.
If you feel like your health is suffering, your career is being held back due to unlawful discrimination, or you are being harassed at work then please contact our team.