Buying or merging a business requires careful planning and good commercial and legal advice. You can rely on our experienced team of commercial lawyers.
Solicitors for buying a business
Our commercial lawyers are highly experienced in dealing with the complexities involved in business acquisitions and mergers, with many years working with multiple businesses in a variety of industries. We have a practical and tax efficient approach. Whatever your commercial objectives are, it is essential you have the right lawyers to get the deal down speedily whilst at the same time ensuring you are legally protected.
Key legal issues and documents when buying a business
The key stages and documents in most corporate acquisition transactions are :-
- The heads of agreement which usually includes the basic framework of the deal.
- Due diligence.
- The Sale and Purchase Agreement which is the formal agreement for the deal.
- Negotiations on warranties and any deferred consideration, non cash consideration or earn out.
- Employment law aspects such as whether directors and senior employees are required to stay on and non-compete provisions, and TUPE issues. with employees
- Commercial Property aspects of the transaction and transfer of assets.
- Corporate approvals and company law compliance.
- A disclosure letter which reduces the legal risks of warranty claims for the sellers..
Whether you are planning to buy a company or merge your business, our specialist lawyers can steer you through the entire process.
IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU ARE SUCCESSFULLY REPRESENTED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS AND ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS IN A TIMELY MANNER
For more information on how we can assist with a business acquisition, please get in touch by using the contact us box below.