If you've made a claim to an employment tribunal, or you’re considering doing so, we can represent you and give you the best possible chance of success.
Employment Tribunal Solicitors
If you’re considering making an Employment Tribunal claim, our experienced employment lawyers, based in many locations around England & Wales (10 offices in London alone), are a great choice to represent you in your case. As 1 of the fastest growing law firms in the UK, we have the expertise, reputation and resources to ensure your employers will take your claim seriously.
Your claim has 2 aspects, legal liability and if you are successful with that you will need to prove your losses. We’ll be here to help you at every stage of the tribunal process. We’ll help you submit your claim (or response to a claim), prepare all the documents, draft your witness statements and represent you at the hearing (we do most of our own . If you’ve left it a little late to prepare for your case, we’ll happily step in and do all we can to get you up to speed in time for the hearing.
Fees - we will assess whether we can offer you no win no fee
Our prices are very competitive. If your claim has a good chance of success, we may even be able to handle it on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. We’ll let you know up front if this is possible.
Types of Employment Tribunal claims
Employees can make a variety of claims in the Employment Tribunal. The most common ones are:
- Unfair dismissal - you were dismissed from your job and you feel it was unfair. You may have been dismissed for conduct issues, performance, long term absences or redundancy. You must have 2 years continuous employment to claim unfair dismissal.
- Constructive dismissal - you resigned because you felt you had no other option because of how things were at the workplace.
- Unpaid wages or other deductions
- Workplace discrimination - you feel you’re being treated unfairly because of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious belief or another factor
- Whistleblowing - you raised the alarm about wrongdoing or another issue at your workplace, and feel you’ve been unfairly treated or even dismissed because of what you did
- Group claims - you and your colleagues lost your jobs when the company went bust (see separate page on group claims).
Sometimes, people who’ve lost their jobs are hoping to be reinstated, but more often they’re hoping for compensation to support them while they find another job.
Do you need representation or advice?
Employment tribunals aren’t as informal as they used to be. They can be intimidating places for people without legal training or courtroom experience. Having professional legal representation gives you confidence, and puts you on the same footing as the other side.
On top of that, employment law is a very complicated, technical area, and it’s changing all the time. Even cases that might seem simple at first glance can really benefit from professional help.
To talk to us about your claim and how we could help you with it, please get in touch.
WE’LL LOOK AT YOUR CASE AND GIVE YOU HONEST ADVICE ON YOUR CHANCES OF SUCCESS