As your business grows, we have the experience to help you exploit opportunities and reduce risks, so your business goes from strength to strength.
Lawyers for small business
As a business which has grown very rapidly ourselves, we understand the excitement and the challenges you are facing. We love working with small and medium businesses. With a team of entrepreneurial lawyers based all over England & Wales, you can be sure of finding the right lawyer for you at an affordable and value for money cost.
Legal services for start ups and small businesses
Some of the more common ways we help growth businesses and start ups include :-
- Shareholder Agreements - Shareholder agreements should ideally be drawn up when the company is started but are a vital tool at any stage if you don't yet have one.. They protect shareholders and set out in detail how the firm will be managed and can be crucial if there are disagreements later on.
- Share Option Schemes - a way for young and fast-growing firms to reward their most valued or important employees.
- Business and employment contracts - for obvious reasons it's really important to protect your business by ensuring you have the right contracts. This means not only well drafted, plain English agreements but we ensure that you understand what's in the agreements and why. This is essential.
- Personal Guarantees - directors of fast-growing firms are often forced to give personal guarantees to secure bank funding. However, you can end up with personal liability if things don’t go to plan; creditors can decide who they want to target when trying to recover a debt. Therefore, it’s vital that you understand what you’re signing up for. Our lawyers may be able to cap your liabilities or limit the duration of the agreement.
- IP protection - Patents, trademarks, plans and other intellectual property rights (IP) are essential to the success of a growing firm, particularly in the technology sector. The legal team at Taylor Rose can help you put the right legal protection around the IP you’ve created, ensure clarity about who owns the IP, and help you exploit your IP whether by licensing or other legal method..
- Relationships with suppliers - start ups will generally have legal dealings, including negotiating or reviewing contracts such as leases, IT suppliers, consultants and others. We ensure you understand the danger points and don't end up signing a contract which is onerous and risky.
- Regulatory and industry specific legal issues - some businesses need licenses or other forms of approval tp operate legally. Our extensive experience in many business sectors also means we keep you ahead of teh curve on the legal risks and opportunities specific to your business sector.