With commercial leases, it's essential to have experienced advice on the details. We draft, advise on and review commercial leases, and deal with assignments, sub-leases, renewals and disputes.
Commercial lease solicitors
We are 1 of the UK's fastest growing law firms, with specialist commercial property lawyers all over England & Wales.
Property is a core area of practice for us, with over 100 commercial property lawyers in the firm and over 30 in London alone. Our experience means we can offer cost effective, reassuring advice whether you are dealing with a lease of a shop, restaurant, office, industrial unit, pub, hotel or other type of premises. Our credibility and reputation is an advantage to clients negotiating with corporate Landlords.
We’ll guide you through the whole process, explaining everything that happens in plain English.
Points to consider in a new commercial lease
- How long should the lease be?
- Will the lease be a full repairing and insuring lease (FRI lease)?
- Are you planning on carrying out alterations to the premises?
- Will there be a break clause? This is normally important if the lease is 10 years or more.
- Rent review – if a rent review is to be included, how will this work? There are many different ways and will any review be upward only?
- Assignment or sub-letting - are these permitted and if so, on what terms?
- Service charges – especially important with offices, can be very expensive, so clarity is important and many tenants seek to negotiate some form of limitation or cap on service charge amounts.
Commercial lease disputes
We advise on the full range of disputes including breach of lease, unlawful alterations, use or sub-letting, dilapidations disputes, disputes over renewals, break clause issues, tenant insolvency and lease surrender.
To learn more about our commercial lease services and track record or to arrange a consultation, just get in touch.
WE’LL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS, EXPLAINING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN PLAIN ENGLISH