EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL CLAIMS
If you've made a claim to an employment tribunal, or you’re considering doing so, we can represent you and give you the best possible chance of success.
People make claims in employment tribunals for several reasons. The most common ones are:
- Unfair dismissal - you were dismissed from your job and you feel it was unfair
- Constructive dismissal - you resigned because you felt you had no other option because of how things were at the workplace
- Workplace discrimination - you feel you’re being treated unfairly because of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious belief or another factor
- Whistleblowing - you raised the alarm about wrongdoing or another issue at your workplace, and feel you’ve been unfairly treated or even dismissed because of what you did
- Group claims - you and your colleagues lost your jobs when the company went bust (see separate page on group claims).
Sometimes, people who’ve lost their jobs are hoping to be reinstated, but more often they’re hoping for compensation to support them while they find another job.
How can we help?
If you’ve made one of the claims listed above, or you want to, our experienced team can represent you in your case. We can also help you if you’re the director or manager of a firm that is defending one of these types of claim.
We’ll be here to help you at every stage of the tribunal process. First, we’ll look at your case and give you honest advice on your chances of success. We won’t push you into a claim that you probably won’t win – and we’ll tell you if you could make another type of claim that might do better.
Then we’ll help you submit your claim (or response to a claim), prepare all the documents, draft your statements and personally represent you at the hearing itself. If you’ve left it a little late to prepare for your case, we’ll happily step in and do all we can to get you up to speed in time for the hearing.
We do most of our own (representing you in court), but we also have some barristers who work with us regularly and will represent you to the same standard. This can be the best approach if the case is long, complicated or being heard at a court a long way from our own offices.
Our prices are very competitive, and we set our fees based on the details of your individual case. If your claim has a good chance of success, we may even be able to handle it on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. We’ll let you know up front if this is possible.
Do I really need representation?
Employment tribunals aren’t as informal as they used to be. They are courts like any other, and that makes them intimidating places for people without legal training or courtroom experience. Having professional legal representation gives you confidence, and puts you on the same footing as the other side.
On top of that, employment law is a very complicated, technical area, and it’s changing all the time. Even cases that might seem simple at first glance can really benefit from professional help.
To talk to us about your claim and how we could help you with it, please get in touch.
WE’LL LOOK AT YOUR CASE AND GIVE YOU HONEST ADVICE ON YOUR CHANCES OF SUCCESS
DO YOU NEED ADVICE?
TAKE A LOOK AT