The Head of Consultant Services will proactively manage the Consultant programme and integrate all of the elements of the Consultant service functions within the Taylor Rose MW consultancy programme. Contribute to the company strategy to continue to develop and evolve the Consultant programme. Develop policies, recruitment initiatives and the effective management and reporting on the financial operations within the programme. Ensuring that the strategy for the Consultant programme supports the delivery of the overall company strategy.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Manage and develop a Consultant Services department that is knowledgeable, competent and pro-active;
- is very organised, holding accurate and up-to-date information on consultants and sub consultants;
- Engage in external learning and networking to understand best practice and implement as appropriate in terms of development of the consultant programme;
- Understand the current legislative environment, specifically the implications of IR35, to ensure compliance, implementing structural, process, procedure changes in consultation as necessary, working with the HR Director where appropriate
- Ensure consultants are both managed, supported and integrated seamlessly within the firm.
- Determine, implement and communicate department structure, ensuring a competent resource that can service the business effectively and deliver excellent value;
- Devise department budgets with CEO/FD engagement and deliver resources within them;
- Manage the Consultant Services department risks and implement appropriate measures to mitigate risk working with the Head of Professional Risk and escalate as appropriate any areas of concern within the consultant programme in terms of professional risk or indemnity risk to the wider business
- Deliver effective and proactive change management both in terms of department system and resources at scale to the size of the consultant programme;
- Develop KPI’s and MI suite, to be delivered monthly to CEO and Board to effectively report on the performance of the department;
- Ensure that the policies and procedures relevant to the Consultant programme are regularly reviewing, updated and remain appropriate to the business
- Ensuring that the recruitment, onboarding and compliance functions within the department are effectively managed;
- Ensure that the consultants within the programme are effectively communicated with and supported during their time within the consultant programme;
- Develop effective cross selling and allocation of excess referrals within the consultant programme which is maximised for the success of the business;
- Ensure that all the elements of the consultant liaison department deliver their appropriate level of support and assistance as required
- Regularly communicate to the consultant programme to provide feedback
- Ensure a programme of networking events across all aspects of the Consultant programme is developed to develop maximum exposure for the programme
- Proven track record in effective leadership of a multi facetted business function
- Understanding of the ethos for the Consultant programme, the motivation of consultants within the programme and the company core values
- An understanding of current IR35 legislation and best practice;
- Can demonstrate competence in key responsibilities for role;
- Self-motivated and pro-active attitude;
- Appetite to continually develop own capabilities & personal development;
- Ability to communicate and build positive business relationships at all levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop an effective team across multi disciplines
- Ability to develop and delivery strategies to ensure ongoing growth or change management
- Ability to work in extremely pressurised environments.
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
- Strong data analysis.
- Positive attitude and the ability to influence the wider business.
- Professional qualification in management/HR or legal profession
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT