Job Description: IT Trainer
Reporting to: Business Change & User Adoption Manager
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Deliver training programs including development, promotion, delivery, implementation, and evaluation for New Hire and other IT Training programs offered at the Firm.
- Work closely with IT staff and other key administrative and legal leaders to determine end-user training priorities and strategies.
- Using a learning management system, perform administrative tasks associated with training: schedule classes/courses, maintain attendance registration and records, analyse the effectiveness of training and feedback.
- Develop comprehensive training plans and produce course materials.
- Class management responsibility, which includes, but is not limited to motivating participants, maintaining control of the class environment, and directing the learning of participants to meet program objectives.
- Serve on project teams for rollouts of new technology and upgrades, which includes, but is not limited to evaluating, testing, and marketing. May be assigned other special projects.
- Contribute to the development of instructional and participant materials, including objectives, training documentation, visual aids, testing, training instruments, and course handouts. Provide feedback regarding effectiveness and ease of use.
- Design and develop online learning modules to support instructor-led programs or other initiatives within IT.
- Provide end-user support services as appropriate for software related questions.
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding training and project activities.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as an IT Trainer, E Learning or Technical Trainer.
- BSc in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experience in the delivery and design of training course material.
- A professional, flexible, and reliable attitude.
- Needs to be self-motivated.
- Customer focus with a proactive “can do” approach.
- Strong communication skills & ability to communicate at all levels and across all departments.
- Able to work within a team as well as independently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, strong work ethic and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Confident in presenting to small groups.
- Have a good understanding of the Microsoft office and ability to learn use of case management systems.
- Knowledge or experience of case management systems e.g. Mattersphere/3E desirable not essential.
- You will be able to travel to multiple locations.
- This position can be based out of Peterborough, Bishops Stortford and London.
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT