Reporting To: Head of Civil Litigation
Behavioural Competency Level 2 Technical Competency Level 2
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from Clients.
- Assisting Fee Earners in the Civil Litigation department and progressing cases where required.
- Effective management of own time, ensuring that chargeable and non-chargeable hours targets are met under supervision.
- Helping supervising Solicitor train and monitor work of more junior staff.
- Working on files as appropriate, including drafting letters, collating evidence, preparing instructions to Counsel, preparing cases for trial.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate including updating referrer’s information, paying invoices and closing files.
- Dealing with new Clients and liaising with regards to the initial enquiries.
- Managing diaries, ensuring they are all up-to-date and remind Fee Earners of meetings.
- Enter, maintain and update Client details and relevant information on the system.
- Managing legal documentation in strict confidence.
- Assisting Fee Earners with case work.
- Attending Client meetings, taking instructions and preparing cases to trial.
- Ability to use case management systems
- High standard of computer literacy
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the busines
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share idea
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT