This role is ideal for Law Graduates, as well as anyone interested in a legal career, who would like to gain knowledge and practical experience in an established Top 75 legal firm. This role offers high progression potential, as well as full training on the job. No previous expereince required. As a Post Completions Trainee Case Handler, you will report directly to the Re-mortgage Technical and Post Completions Manager and work alongside Case Handlers to offer you guidance and support.
The Post Completion team are a small, friendly team who take care of the Customer at the end of their re-mortgage journey. This includes, registering their transaction with Land Registry and interacting with Lenders and Solicitors to ensure all documentation is collated ready to close the file for the Client.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Inputting data accurately and processing legal documentation
- Organising and prioritising individual tasks in order to meet the firms and industry targets
- Responding to client/Land registry/Solicitor enquiries & requisitions.
- Processing all data and information in accordance with the firms confidentially procedures and data protection requirements
- Processing post on a daily basis which will include checking documents, mortgage deed, ID, insurance and other legal documentation
- Answering inbound phone calls promptly and updating on the status of the case. Be proactive in advising the next steps and what is required to progress the case.
- To respond to client enquiries in a manner conducive to the promotion of business and personal relationships and to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conducted.
- To process all data and information in accordance with the firm’s confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements.
- Making outbound calls, liaising with lenders, mortgage brokers & third parties (where applicable).
- Ensuring the online portal is kept up to date, replying to online portal messages
- Obtaining official copies and documents from the Land Registry.
- Title checking whether property is freehold or leasehold/name and address match, restrictions and other non-standard issues.
- Requesting and frequently chasing redemption statements from current mortgage lenders. Checking redemption statements for penalties and identifying if any shortfall.
- Checking the mortgage offer for special conditions and making the appropriate enquiries, searches, referrals to Lenders.
- Chasing outstanding documents from borrowers/brokers by phone, online portal and letter (where applicable).
- Taking shortfall payments whilst adhering to money laundering regulations and the Firm’s policies.
- After completion, carrying out pre-submission checks, chasing discharge documents from mortgage lenders, liaising with the Land Registry, dealing with applications, requisitions, overpayment cheques within our post completion procedures.
- Notices to management companies/landlords - serving and issuing cheques.
- Deal with any balances on the case
- Scheduling files
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate/Good IT skills
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoy working towards targets
- Able to prioritise
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexibility is essential due to the nature of the work from the customer
TAKE A LOOK AT