The following modules will be undertaken, delivered in 2 stages, and on completion of Level 3, the apprentice can then enrol on the Level 6 apprenticeship to continue their studies:-
Stage 1 - Level 3 Certificate Stage 2 - Level 3 Diploma
Introduction to Law & Practice 5 completed units from Stage 1 plus
Client Care Skills Law of Tort
Legal Research Skills Land Law
Family Law Contract Law
The Practice of Childcare or Criminal Law
The Practice of Family Law (Plus 1 elective practice unit)
- Family Law
- The Practice of Family Law
- Legal Research Skills
- Client Care Skills
Plus 2 elective law units
A CILEx Graduate Fast track Diploma is available for individual with a Qualifying Law Degree before a period of qualifying employment to become a Chartered Legal Executive or CILEx Fellow.
As a Family apprentice you will assist the Solicitors with all aspects of family cases:-
This role involves but is not limited to: -
- Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from Clients.
- Assisting Fee Earners in the Family & Children department and progressing cases where required.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of the Company’s and Client’s documentation and information.
- Undertake legal research where required.
- Effective management of own time, ensuring that chargeable and non-chargeable hours targets are met under supervision.
- Drafting letters to clients and liaising with clients via phone calls and meetings.
- Taking new client enquiries, briefly assessing circumstances and arranging appointments.
- Assisting Fee Earners with casework.
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Working alongside Solicitors and supporting case files.
- Ensuring compliance with file management.
- Archiving and organising legal files and supporting documents.
- Responding to queries in a timely/appropriate manner.
- Settling invoices for payments.
- Drafting applications to Court.
- Production of bundles.
- Applying for Legal Aid.
- No formal entry requirements for Level 3
- 4 x Grade C GCSE including Maths & English is recommended
- LLB Law Degree or GDL Graduates for Level 6
- Ability to work under pressure & too tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently & within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
Company Core Values
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT