This role will be supporting the Legal Head in day-to-day supervision of our employees, consultants and sub consultants in line with the businesses supervision policy. The role will be working with our consultants as they transition into the firm ensuring they follow our policies and procedures, you will be assisting with providing inductions to the department, training on the case management system, reviewing consultant files and working with the Legal Head, Director of Property, Director of Consultants, Regional Leads, MLRO & DPO as appropriate.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to put their property experience to use supervising and engaging with consultants, working with a variety of different teams within the firm and delivering against one of the firms key strategic areas of the business.
This role involves but is not limited to the supervision of the residential conveyancing consultants and sub consultants
- Work with the Legal Head to provide support and guidance to employees, consultants/sub consultants in relation to the policies and practices within the Taylor Rose MW residential conveyancing department
- Take part in inductions and system training (where required)
- Provide training on firm policies and procedures to the employees, consultants and sub-consultants as applicable
- Being the initial contact point for any issues or queries that arise on a day-to-day basis from their allocated consultants.
- Review source of funds checks for the residential property employees, consultants/sub consultants
- Be an initial point of contact for client care / reception for consultant client call backs when issues are identified
- Review complaints and assist client care in responding to employee and consultant complaints
- Monitor file levels, accounts balances, dormant files and liaise with the respective consultant/sub consultant over the action to be taken. Ensuring that follow up is undertaken and appropriate actions completed
- As necessary assisting with the leaver procedure for employees, consultants/sub consultants to ensure all files are accounted for and reallocated where necessary. Liaising with the leaving employee, consultant/sub consultant, accounts, consultant liaison team, post completion team and others areas of the business as appropriate
- Working with post completion team in respect of escalated issues on conveyancing files
- Undertake file reviews for their allocated employee and consultants including High Value Transaction reviews when required
- Ensure their allocated consultants are complying with their obligations regarding sub-consultants (file reviews, supervision meetings etc).
- Keeping up-to-date records of contact and meetings to ensure accurate supervision logs.
- To be the escalation point for any concern regarding a property consultant from any other area of the business, i.e. audit, client care, consultant liaison, with registration issues or concerns highlighted by property team leaders etc.
- Assist with training on the case management system and be a point of contact for day to day queries as to how to use the system from a residential conveyancing perspective.
- You must be willing to travel to meet the employees and consultants and necessary offices when required.
- Previous experience of running conveyancing case load
- Legal knowledge of the conveyancing process, and the ability to research where appropriate.
- Good management, organisational and project management skills.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and achieve results.
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns from mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Integrity: Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Innovation: Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Commitment: Relationships for the long-term
TAKE A LOOK AT